Join our WhatsApp channel

One person in hospital after Broadway apartment fire – Winnipeg

One person in hospital after Broadway apartment fire - Winnipeg
Join our telegram channel
Follow us on Facebook

One person was taken to hospital in stable condition after a fire at a Broadway Avenue apartment Tuesday.

70c8fc80

Crews were called at 5:30 p.m. to the three-storey building in the 200 block of Broadway and were able to put the fire out in just under 40 minutes.

The one person hospitalized had to be assisted out of the building, while everyone else was able to leave on their own and no other injuries were reported.

Download

The city says the fire was accidental, due to the improper disposal of smoking material. The damage was mainly contained to one suite where it originated.

The Emergency Social Services Team is helping residents find temporary accommodations.

 

Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on twitter

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply